Friday, June 02, 2006

peer pressure and theft

So, after resisting creating a blog, here I've gone and created one. Why resist? I guess it's because I spend so much of my time in front of a screen that when I journal, I want paper.

I was led over the edge by peer pressure and theft. Peer pressure: because lots of people I really respect are avid bloggers and it's a great outlet for them. Theft: because a month or so ago my briefcase was stolen in NYC, and one of my journals disappeared. It's bad enough to have a laptop stolen, worse to have a chunk of your brain similarly lifted.

Despite the admittedly ostentatious title and description of this blog, I intend to use it as a spot to brain dump about things that I find interesting. Sometimes thoughts will come out partially formed, and I reserve the right to edit myself over time! But, I've learned that it's important to have a record of what I thought, right or wrong, than to have no record at all. I hope anyone who cares to read these entries forgives the indulgence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home